Vortex is a newly founded studio within the Microsoft Mixed Reality group exploring product frontiers that bring together collaborative science, missions to benefit our planet, and entertainment all while pushing the forefront of technology. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team as we define the future of Mixed Reality experiences.
In this role, you will work closely with designers, engineers, and world class partners to create innovative experiences that lay the groundwork for the next era in interactive entertainment. You will lead amazing teams from ideation through development to deliver products and experiences that delight customers. Building the product strategy and guiding the team through ambiguous, new opportunities invites your grit and adaptability.
Our team values diversity of thought generated through lived experiences, varied backgrounds, and innate curiosity. We are energized by individuals with unique perspectives who challenge convention and assumptions. If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset, and collaboration, we need you!
- Partner with industry-leading teams to design, implement, and launch products and experiences
- Work with bleeding edge technologies and hardware to deliver ground-breaking capabilities.
- With the leadership team, drive clarity for product and team development through roadmaps and prioritization
- Engage with customers to understand their challenges and drive the evolution of our portfolio to meet their needs.
- Build and manage a high performing, diverse team to successfully deliver across a variety of opportunities in often ambiguous, developing spaces.
- 5+ years of experience driving product definition, strategy, and delivery in complicated problem spaces.
- 5+ years of experience as a Producer, Product Manager, or Program Management
- Experience shipping high quality 3D games as part of a AAA studio, or 3D applications as part of a product team.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success driving teams to success through changing development stages and expectations.
- Experience in all phases from incubation to sustaining a live service for customers
- Experience bootstrapping a project or startup experience
- Experience actively driving team culture of inclusion and collaboration
- Experience in different entertainment businesses delivering experiences for customers and/or players
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.